What value does a website have for your business?
Does your business need a website? In short, a well designed and developed website will:
- expose your company to new business opportunities
- promoting your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year
- keep your customers updated on new products or services
- target the most appropriate audience
- help to reduce your overall marketing costs
- build confidence with prospective business customers
- allow your customers to engage with your business easier
What kind of website does my business need?
- A brochure style website design showcasing your products & services
- A Content Managed System (CMS) allowing you to control your content
- An online shop – sell directly to your customers
- A blog site again you are in control
With all content managed sites you will be able to update your content, which, with website software like WordPress is simpler than using Facebook.
Do you want to be ranked high on search engines?
Websites need time to develop a relationship with Google. it is more important to get your content right, well-developed websites and content can generate better results in the main, So I would recommend you read these few pointers:
- Avoid low-cost budget packages, you’re likely to achieve little and appear less professional.
- Don’t expect immediate results, your site will need to build confidence with Google
- You can always use paid advertising to expedite results
- A website is a long term investment, and the web doesn’t offer any short-cuts
- Content is definitely King! well written web copy is essential to the overall success of a site
- and, don’t fall for the ‘Guaranteed number one in Google‘ claims, even Google can’t offer you that.
Be prepared to put some effort in
Content managed sites will require you to take ownership of the content, if not the site will become stale in the eyes of search engines, although not difficult to update, it will consume your time, time that may be better afforded elsewhere. I can advise you on content creation, allowing you to use your time more effectively.
Nowadays professionally designed websites are a larger investment as more businesses understand how beneficial they can be, so, I would also recommend you…
- Seek professional advice from more than one source, this will help you gain a realistic budget
- Make sure you see previously developed websites from a proposed supplier
- Start small, get a professional site & monitor the results, see how it performs, then if needed develop further.